As it pertains to SEO, ranking is a critical function. Good rankings on search engines mean better visibility which often means more conversions and growth for your business. It is therefore important as a critical business person to track your rankings. If you are aware of one’s rankings, it becomes easy to make necessary changes and improvements to take rankings higher or maintain them where they are.
A rank checking tool can prove very useful keeping in mind you current along with your rankings on result pages. But with so many tools now available, how do you know what type is better for you? Here are a couple of aspects you need to use to pick a rank checker which will be helpful to your business.
1. Report accuracy – Inaccurate rankings can perform a lot of damage for you because they cannot tell you the actual situation on the ground. The past thing you would like is to think you’re doing great with rankings if you are actually not doing well and vice versa. Because manually checking rankings isn’t an excellent idea, check keywords position it is better that you decide on a checking tool that you could fully depend on as far as accuracy goes. If at all possible learn the features of one’s rank checker and reputation, so you’re sure to always get accurate reports.
2. Speedy refreshes – A good rank checker should manage to pull important computer data quickly and whenever you have to check. You don’t want to attend all day before important computer data may be refreshed for you really to get the current status. Refreshes which can be almost instant are better in aiding you make important decisions as far as your SEO strategy is concerned. Find out how fast your rank checking tool is before committing.
3. Cloud functionality – A cloud based checker is more reliable because it indicates you are able to check your reports from any given place and time. It also makes it possible for you really to access and compare historical data with no data getting skewed especially over long periods of time. Check to see that you won’t have any limitations along with your reports when choosing a rank checker.
4. Reliable reporting – Whereas having a rank checking tool means you’ve to check back with it, getting reports occasionally maybe by email can prove very important. As an example, a rank tracker that sends weekly reports makes an excellent reminder for you really to match your rankings for timely decisions where need be.
5. Competition monitoring – It is something that may be tricky to complete and difficult to find and yet it is very important. By knowing what your competitors are doing, where they’re in the rankings and what they’re not doing can put you in a very good position to boost your rankings. If you will find something that can help you monitor selected competitors, you then is going to be in a better position to make improvements.