When you have a fireplace, then it is recommended to buy glass fireplace doors. Why? Here are some of the top reasons why you must purchase glass fireplace doors:
· They can be extremely attractive and striking additions to your overall fireplace/home décor.
· They increase energy efficiency in your home. How so? Good glass fireplace doors become a barrier between your property and your chimney. Without glass fireplace doors, heat is lost up the chimney – basically, in winter, you are paying money to heat your chimney. During the summertime months, you spend to cool it!
Other issues that you need to know about glass fireplace doors:
· If you use glass fireplace doors to enclose a wood burning fire and you leave them closed as the fire is burning, you are going to need to wash ash out from the glass fire doors vent after every few times of use. The vent is very important – it allows your fire to burn just outside air to ensure that all of the hot air from the inside of your property can’t escape up during your chimney.
· Use only glass fireplace doors that will withstand high heat. Other doors can crack when put under the pressure of high heat. Ceramic glass is more powerful than tempered glass in this sense.
· Ceramic glass fireplace doors allow radiant heat to pass through and are highly heat resistant. Of course, for these benefits, you are going to have to pay a lot more than you’d for tempered glass.
· Tempered glass fireplace doors block much heat from getting into the room. Of course, tempered glass fireplace doors can still increase the efficiency of one’s fireplace by reducing the extra airflow that plague open fireplaces. When you have a choice, though, choose ceramic glass fireplace doors.
· Ensure that your glass fireplace doors are properly fitted to your fireplace – you would like them to be tight and well-sealed.
· Of course, the higher sealed your doors are, the dirty they are going to get. You may have to invest more time cleaning the soot off of well sealed glass fireplace doors – you may not want to ruin your view of the fire.
· One method to keep the glass of one’s glass fireplace doors clean is to install a glass airwash system.
· Although glass fireplace doors are with the capacity of keeping children and pets out from the fire and the fire from your family room, realize that they can still pose a hazard – children can still get burned, simply by touching the glass or metal. Ensure that your young ones are well-versed in fireplace safety. Also, until your young ones are old enough, you might elect to only run your fireplace when they’re not home or have been put to bed.Read More